While the LCBO isn't a retailer that would typically be covered by Marketnews, the organization could go on strike by Friday, and that should be of a concern to many of us. Disagree? Take a look around at CE industry events and tell me that our cohorts don't like the odd adult beverage.
Apple Inc. has confirmed that Brandon Ashmore of Mentor, OH, is the man responsible for the 50 billionth App Store download. For the record, he set the milestone by downloading Say the Same Thing by Space Inch, LLC.
Ahead of a live performance by The Killers, Nokia set up shop at Toronto's Air Canada Centre to officially announce the north-of-the-border arrival of free music streaming service, Nokia Music.
Sony Pictures Entertainment has been granted the exclusive worldwide distribution rights to the first Angry Birds animated movie. The film, which will be in 3D, is being developed, produced and financed by the franchise's creators, Rovio Entertainment.
Nikon Canada Inc. has announced a new short telephoto lens for its Nikon 1 system of mirrorless cameras. The 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 lens provides the same field-of-view as an 86mm lens on a 35mm film SLR. That focal length and the lens' wide maximum aperture make it ideal for portraiture and available-light photography, Nikon Canada notes.
Wilson Electronics is adding a pair of new cellular signal boosters to its line for the Canadian market, both of which can enhance 4G, 3G, 2G and other legacy signals on Canadian wireless networks.
The rumours have officially been confirmed: Telus has entered into an agreement to acquire Mobilicity for $380 million, potentially beginning the reversal of years of what the industry thought was progress in fostering new competition in the Canadian wireless landscape.
WHat would you like to see more of on hereshow.ca?
- Adobe MAX Conference: Creative Cloud Replaces Creative Suite
- Ohio Resident Responsible for 50 Billionth App Store Download
- Mobilicity to be Acquired by Telus
- Nokia Music Lands in Canada, Eh!
- Google Intros Music Service at I/O Developer Conference
- Sony Pictures to Release first Angry Birds Movie
- BlackBerry Messenger Coming to iOS, Android
- Weird & WTF?: LinkedIn Wants Prostitutes to Get Off…its Site
- Wilson Offers New Multi-Band Signal Boosters in Canada
- LCBO Strike Could Go into Effect Friday: What Will You Do?
- Public Mobile Stores Almost Ready
- UPDATE! Seanix Technology Proposal Accepted by Creditors
- Bell Lets Parents Police Cell Phone Web Browsing
- Wal-Mart Canada Opens First Environmental Demo Store
- Exclusive: Marketnews Talks to Pioneer Canada
- Alpine Expands to Future Shop
- Hands-on-Review: Bell FIBE IPTV
- Hands-on Review: Elite PRO-60X5FD 60-inch HDTV
- WIND Mobile Files Appeal, As Expected
- BLOG: The $37K Phone Bill